Thursday, May 21, 2009

PCU Level 5 by ORC Industries















Features:
100% Nylon
Light weight
Windproof
Water repellent
Hood stows in collar
Velcro wrist closures
Two zippered internal mesh pockets
Arm pockets w/velcro closure
Bottom hem equipped w/cinch cord
Hood equipped w/cinch cords

Cost:
$96.99 (www.orcind.com)

Positives:
The thing I like the most about this jacket is the fact that it is light weight. This allows it to be worn even in warmer conditions for rain protection or just in those situations where you need your arms covered w/running the risk of over heating as often happens in airsoft games. I typically do not use the internal mesh pockets to stow gear and usually keep them unzipped in warmer conditions to accommodate for additional air flow.

Negatives:
The stitching which secures the velcro the flap on my left pocket closure is coming out and needs to be resown but this issue is not too severe given that the jacket is almost two years old. Anything more than light rain will soak through this jacket.

Overall:
Overall I really love this jacket and I wear it frequently.
I would give this jacket an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment